When PAX East begins, which is from March 23-26th this year, I get tons of emails from developers about their upcoming games and if I’m interested in trying them out. I often opt to do a blog post of my review but I would like to do some Youtube videos which I export from my Twitch live so I can show off the gameplay.
There are too many games out there to cover, and I’m only one person. I do have a few people that jump in now and then to cover some games or topics, but I would like to give opportunities to more people to volunteer their time
I am never able to even check all the emails nor cover all the games I would like before they are released or the deadline required, so I thought this year I would reach out for help. If you would like to review some of these games that I’ve been offered, I would love to connect with you and work together!
Here are the requirements:
- Have an internet connection, computer, and Steam installed. Some games are available on consoles like Switch but I can’t guarantee it. I mention Steam as most will be for that platform.
- Be able to play at least 2-3 hours of the game or complete it within the deadline given. Often the developer or marketing rep of the game will ask me to have a review complete by a certain time. If not I will give you a deadline so we aren’t sitting on the review for so long.
- You can either do a written post, 3-4 paragraphs, or a Youtube/Twitch video talking about the game and what your thoughts were. The review does not have to be positive, so don’t feel pressured to gush about a game you didn’t like. Give a fair review of the pros and cons of your experience.
- I will post the games I think fit well for Gaming & God in our private Discord. You can pick the one you would like to cover and I will reach out and get you the key.
- If it’s part of the game, mention content that parents, Christians or others are sensitive to strong content like cussing, extreme violence, gore, sexual references, etc. so the gamer is aware. I tend to avoid games that are M rated but since these are indie, you never know what you will find.
- Some games have embargos, and I will let you know that beforehand. Embargos mean you’re not allowed to stream the game nor talk about it until the release date, so the embargo’s end date would be when I would post your review or share the gameplay video.
Let me know if you are interested either by commenting on this post below, email, or Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Let’s play some games, have fun, and make some content that will benefit others. If you have any other questions please let me know below.