Being a Christian and a gamer at the same time can be a tricky line to walk. There aren’t many biblical examples out there that you can read, watch or play that put these two passions together. Of course, I do my best to provide articles and related content, but there’s so much more out there. I am a big believer in unity and community, especially as Christians we are the body of Christ and consist of many parts (1 Corinthians 12:27).
My past column called Treasure Chest were a mix of various posts around the internet that put faith and video games together. I’ve also contributed to the Something More column over at Beneath The Tangles, but I always wanted to create my own compilation of resources.
Below you will find books, blogs, and articles that discuss Christians and video games, geek culture and other topics from a Godly perspective.
*I will update it regularly, and if you have a recommendation or find a dead link, please let me know! God bless.
Ministries and Blogs
- Geeks Under Grace
- Beneath The Tangles
- Christ Centered Gamer
- Christian Geek Central
- Love Thy Nerd
- Mighty Grace Positive Gaming
- Reformed Gamers
- Theology Gaming
- Christ and Pop Culture (Gaming section)
- Family Friendly Gaming (I also interviewed them!)
- God’s Gamers
Helpful Articles on Christians and video games
- What Video Games Should Christians Play?
- Why Christians Should Play Video Games
- Short History on Christian Video Games
- Interview with Kingdom Games
- 40 Days Without Video Games
- God, Women and Video Games
- Playing With The Right Intentions
- Overdosing On Entertainment
- Japanese Role-Playing Games: Magic, Airships, and Freedom in Christ