Serving the gaming community!
The purpose of Gaming and God is to bridge the gap between gamers and God, discovering spiritual truths in the games we play. Everything we write about is to reach the gaming community with the good news of Christ, His forgiveness and love for their lives.
The church can be a rough place for gamers or those that are into geeky hobbies (anime, cosplay, D&D, board games, streaming, etc). Many are looked at as “childish” or immature, but that is not always the case. There are plenty of people who love these hobbies and have families, jobs, homes and other important responsibilities. I want Gaming & God to be a safe place for the believer and non-believer to learn about videogames, find community with others in a positive and faith-filled environment, and just have fun playing video games together!
Games bring people together, whether it’s LAN parties, online communities, conventions, tournaments, eSports, Twitch, podcasts, articles, Youtube or however else we connect. For that reason, I’ve made a page for sharing different communities that either I’m a part of or I vet that they are safe and welcoming to gamers. I would hate to recommend a place where someone would feel rejected, bullied, or not invited.
To be more specific about my faith, I am a non-denominational Christian who believes in Jesus Christ and the bible. I borrowed the BGEA (Billy Graham Evangelistic Association) for the Statement of Faith portion. They are much smarter than me in writing one, and I agree with what they wrote!
The purpose of this site isn’t only to know more about video games and the spiritual aspects behind them, but also to know you’re Heavenly Father, what Christ has done for you and how to have a peace that you cannot experience outside of Him.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world.
1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4;
2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8;
Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
If your interested in learning how the blog was started, check out this post.