After working on this blog for at least 4 years or so, I realized that I’ve never done much of asking around for guest posts or staff. When I first started writing here, I just wanted a place to write what I wanted to write and not have to ask another website permission to post something. It turned from a hobby into a small ministry, and this year I want to be more intentional and put time into making Gaming and God much better.
One of those ways, aside from adding the resources page, is finding staff or guest bloggers that want to contribute. I honestly felt bad about asking someone to post articles for me for free, as I am not at the point of being able to pay (though I would like to!).
So for those who are looking for a place to write about video games and faith, you’ve come to the right place. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer writer for the blog, that is also available. You would need to contribute at least 2 posts a month to stay on board, and that’s about it! We can discuss how that would look like, or if you would like your own column. I’m open to ideas 🙂
Let me give you some guidelines before you consider submitting an article or pitch me an idea for one.
- Articles must be at least 500 words.
- I will only accept articles written about video games, tabletop games, or some other form of gaming. This can be very broad, do not limit yourself! Let me give you some ideas: Arcades, personal gaming experiences, VR gaming, mobile games, reviews or previews, beta previews, interviews, how to combine our faith with video games, video game music or artwork, books, fashion, video game movies (good luck!), gaming ministries, or how you’ve found God in video games.
- If you aren’t a Christian, that’s OK. Just know that I will not accept anything with cuss words, vulgarity or mockery of Christ.
- If you are a Christian, you can use scripture to back up an experience you had with a game.
- For those that don’t have much knowledge with wordpress, I can submit the post myself.
I will help you with editing as I look over every article that comes my way. If you aren’t sure, just send me your idea and we will work together on it. I will promote your work on my twitter, facebook, and other groups I’m a part of.
You can contact me here, or email me at GamingandGod@gmail.com
Thanks, and looking forward to reading what you have! God bless.